Visit the Old Bridgewater Historical Society
Stop in and say hi!
The Old Bridgewater Historical Society is the caretaker of two wonderful historical buildings. Both are open to the public free of charge. For visits to either building outside of our regularly scheduled hours, please call 508-559-1510, or for a faster response, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Memorial Building
162 Howard Street, West Bridgewater
Built in 1900 specifically for the Historical Society, this is a beautiful example of turn-of-the-century Greek Revival architecture. It consists of a main floor with a small attic and a full basement. It houses many historical documents and artifacts, and has an area for meetings. It is also the home of the Society's office and research library.
Open Wednesdays 12-3 pm based on volunteer availability. Please call before visiting. Masks and social distancing required.
The Keith House
199 River Street, West BridgewaterRight around the corner from the Memorial Building is the second holding of OBHS: the home and parsonage of Reverend James Keith, also known as the "Keith House." It is thought to be the oldest remaining parsonage building in the United States. It is still located on its original site and has been restored to its 18th century condition.
Currently closed until further notice.
Unfortunately, tours of the parsonage cannot be given during the Memorial Building's regular open hours due to limited staffing.