This house, known as the Tory House, is today a private multi-family residence. It was built in approximately 1698 by Jacob Leonard. He sold the house to the Rev. Allen, a minister of the First Parish Church, who in turn sold it to Col. Josiah Edson. Col. Edson was sympathizer of the English Crown and it was because of this that the Continental Congress confiscated his home in 1775. Later, the home would become a stop on the infamous "Underground Railroad".